Skin Care - Of course

We are what we eat, and of course, since my skin is an organ it is logical that I would only 'wear' what I would also eat.  Would you eat plastic?, toxic chemicals? well, we don't actually want to, even when our base selves succumb to its abundance, right?  And I can store it easier than that many extra bottles of chemicals.

Cleaning skin = soap. bar soap, but the good old fashioned stuff.
Bath wash is not soap, it is a chemical bath.
Real bar soap in it's traditional form is awesome stuff. It has worked for a long time.  Mix with water and people will think it could change the world. it probably has.
Real soap is alkaline and has oils and is soapy....!  This phobia of dirty soap is counter intuitive.  bugs generally, the normal ones, like an acidic environment.  and like all things need a certain amount of water, oxygen and food...., add water and the "soap" breaks the surface of the water, making it "work"... so altogether, soap really is not a place that can support much bug life.  it is ignorance that often creates fear and that is ok, since even if not changed or accepted it is simply fixed. Just rinse the bar off before use if the fear keeps rearing its head!
I have a wonderful aunt that has made some fancy soaps, plain or herb and oils added which I enjoy. There is a lot of variety in soaps! glycerin, coconut, olive etc are common for respectively, a layer to hold in moisture, lathering, moisturizing,..
My favorite off the shelf that we use and often recommend for household, full body, regular everyday use at the sinks and in the showers is the Sprouts brand, green and white types.  No added chemical fragrance, no essential oils for medicinal reasons. Not to harsh and not too weak. And not so soft that (as long as it isnt left in the water) it will last as long as it should.. And they are cheap enough to compare to chemical soaps!  During the sweaty summertime I get my Husband the Trader Joes white tea tree soap. It is stronger (for stripping oils) and might help with killing bacteria that likes to hide in sweaty skin crevices.  I've never tested, but I think it might make a difference. It is nice that it is harder (by nature of the harsher oils) so it holds up to multiple showers per day without dissolving as fast.

Skin isn't the only thing that goes on our skin, When we shampoo our hair and wash our clothes then we cover ourselves all over again. 
I recently switched us to this one and it is great for everyone in the house, must improved on what we did for way too long previously.
https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/product/10128//
And since I've have been asked,... I have a lot of hair and the baking soda no-poo route was too hard to keep going on.
I do not use conditioner for all the same reasons plus a few.  I put a spot of coconut oil on my hands, rub it around and Then on my comb so it is really just the tiniest bit starting at the bottom of my hair.  Usually that is all I need, eating good makes better hair.  However, for better formed curls (my girl has springy hair) and occasionally I use it too I found that a bit more of the coconut oil with the hot water rinse or something like this ( not sure if it is the oils or the aloe, still experimenting)
https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/product/1405//


So this is my list, it is all food even if the ratios are different.
I can't say I don't use other things now and then or haven't used others, (I will list those at the bottom),  but for months at a time, this is what I do. 

day to day = coconut oilHave a jar in the bathroom. quick, easy, soaks in, and "doesn't need to be digested" to be immediately used by your cells.  It is good for immunity and just like all fats, it protects against things that you do not want growing on you.  besides it goes into your body to help feed your insides in good ways.
cuz remember we already know fat doesn't make fat, it gets 'digested', and we already know that simply put, fat hydrates and strengthens our cells. The Fat of the Land was a statement of good attributes.

depending on hormonal cycles, yep, we all have them,... = grapeseed and/or olive oil Your skin will tell you when coconut oil isn't enough.  When I get extra dry, the usual, starts on the hands for me, but also when I start thinking I saw a bit of fine lines, or the coconut oil either doesn't soak in or soaks in so fast that I can't get enough, then I need to eat some serious butter (Kerrygold in a pinch from WinCo, Rumianos from Azure Standard) and load the grapeseed or olive oil on.

That being said simply, TCM has the (7?) Devils (my book is still packed) which includes, heat, cold, wet, dry etc... and sometimes, my personal demons include the heat and dry, so my cheeks get red and the skin on my mouth/nose/ cheeks area gets super chapped. (this is different than my spleen weakness where my lips get chapped). This is all internal and I have to find my internal demon before it goes away.  One possible simple answer is Immucalm, which appropriately is half Astragalus root and half Marshmallow root. 

Detoxing needs = Castor Oil

This is a bit of a new one for me. Castor Oil = lymph glands and breaking up scar tissue or stagnant areas.  Most common would be neck and behind the ears, around your ribs to your armpits and around your pelvis and thighs.  These are common lymphatic back up areas because of over burdened detox areas.  Allergies and modern diets are common enough burdens, throw in the usual chemical baths we give ourselves and people have quite the breakouts.
Castor oil is awesome for warm oil packs.  Their usefulness is way way underrated and should be done way more often.  But I just have not done it enough to have found a quick satisfactory way to suggest doing it with out it feeling like a process.  It is awesome to mix with a fomentation, herbal tea good for the area.  My intent is often Mullein Lobelia in the individual beneficial ratio.
So in the meantime, I use it when my skin is obviously having a hard time from the inside and because it stays on the skin for a long time, when I am dry in the winter time.  It is nice in areas that you are trying to "treat". It carries Essential Oils into the internal scars or stagnant areas.  So just go with the simple ones or search a few since Essential oils are way-over used these days for such a special medicine there is a lot of info out there.  perhaps put some juniper in it on your lower back for kidney, bladder, Or put it on your swollen areas with Tumeric. etc...


Almost forgot, deodorant.  Skip the antiperspirant, You body sweats out toxins. so the more you keep your sweat in, the more it will try to come out until it can't. Your body works or it malfunctions. If you over sweat, then heal your body starting by cleaning up your diet and working from the main organs and glands and out. (meaning, start with your intestines.... then liver, then kidney.  and intestines then lymphs, etc)
Deodorant is for smelly stuff, right?  if you don't have toxins feeding bacteria in your sweat then it won't smell (as bad because also If you are sweating toxins out, then you might smell the toxins... it could be called a micro habitat, attracting micro life).
But by all means, we don't need to smell your toxins covered or mixing with toxic chemicals.  a quick search on the word 'fragrance' can mean even 300 ingredients that may or may not be a safe chemical unless they used the excuse that it is for fragrance.  of course it could just mean yummy smell, but that is the minority, and a reason to go with companies that are formed and run on good intent.  usually too hard to tell. Back to recommendations.
My mother in law makes one I love.  Before she started making her products, I was looking ,... All the other recipes I tried were a flop, no go, or I really dont like the smell of shea butter, but I quit trying recipes because hers rocks.   No I don't know the ingredients. but I know they are safe and with good intent and it works.  If you want, I will even try a taste :)
Envyunlimited.blogspot.com

No comments: